IBP registered users posting content to the site are expected to respect the rights acquired by publishers, and the Intellectual Property rights of others generally. Only upload material that you are legally allowed to share, provide a legitimate link from the publisher, and observe all related restrictions to print and/or copy. If you observe alleged copyright infringements on our site, please report it by submitting an official Notice so that we may take appropriate action:
How to Report Copyright Infringement to the Integrated Breeding Platform
It is expected that all users of any part of the IBP site will comply with applicable copyright laws, and that they will not post infringing material on the website. It is the policy of the IBP to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. If the IBP receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, we may remove or disable access to allegedly infringing material residing on our website, and may terminate the user’s account, regardless of whether the IBP may be liable for such infringement under applicable law.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or are authorized to act under an exclusive copyright license, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through our website by submitting a Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”) and delivering it to the address provided below. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, the IBP will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the website.
Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice")
In your Notice, you must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if the Notice applies to more than one copyrighted work, provide a comprehensive list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the specific material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that you request to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, together with information sufficient to emable us to locate the material. Providing a URL is the best way to help us locate the content quickly.
- Provide your contact information, including your full legal name, a physical address, a telephone number, and an email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the Notice:
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in the Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Include a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
When you have completed all of the above items, submit the Notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and similar laws in other countries, a person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer or by the IBP. Accordingly, if you are uncertain whether material infringes your copyright, you should first consider contacting an attorney.