Sample management is under active development. This functionality allows users to identify and sample individual plants within a plot for SNP genotyping. Sampling is currently available from trials - the first instance. Samples are giving unique IDs that are used to match genotype data to the plant and plot from which it was sampled.
Expect to see the following improvements in upcoming releases:
- Sampling available from any study
- Sample list management
- Sample labels
- Custom genotype template export based on sample and marker and lists.
- From a trial with recorded selections, choose 'Create sample list' from the Plant level options of the Actions menu
In this example NPSEL (number of plants selected) indicates how many plants from each plot will be sampled.
- Choose the locations (instances )you would like to sample.
- Choose the variate that defines the number of samples (in this case NPSEL), and enter the optional details about collector and date.
- Save the sample list.
- Export the sample list.
- Review the sample list in Excel. Sample_UID and SAMPLE_UID will be needed for the eventual upload of genotyping data.
Sample information can be reviewed for individual germplasm from any list in the system. Links from the sample table take the user to the study or dataset.
In this example, 3 plants belonging to germplasm BMS-1 have been sampled. The first plant was genotyped twice, once with a set of 4000 markers and once with a set of 2000 markers.