Crop information management
Unlike other commercial options currently available on the market, we have put every effort into making our breeding database as integrated and customisable as possible. The database works seamlessly across all BMS interconnected applications to manage pedigree information, phenotypic characterisation and evaluation of germplasm, ensuring accuracy and speed, as well as rapid information retrieval through query tools
Set your preferences and monitor progress.
The Workbench is your personal workspace, where you can configure and manage your breeding programme, specify favourite locations and breeding methods, give access to team members, customise crop databases and track the advancement of your activities. It also allows you to back-up and restore project data to ensure integrity and security of local breeding information.
The Workbench and most applications are browser-based programs which are run through an internet browser, but do not require internet connectivity. They use a local web server on a single computer or a local network.
- integrates many breeding management activities, eliminating the need to format input files
- analyses and visualises pedigrees and genotypes directly
- convenient data export in common spreadsheet file formats
- straightforward data migration from external applications
- crop-specific preloaded datasets contain curated public data with genetic maps, trait linkage information and public fingerprinting data
- customisable crop ontologies for 10 crop species: bean, cassava, chickpea, cowpea, groundnut, maize, rice, sorghum, soybean, and wheat.