Current Beta Status
Genotypic data management is under active development. BMS v7 has functional repository for SNP marker lists and molecular maps. These data can be loaded similar to that described in earlier documentation. The BMS v7 also has the ability to create samples and sample ids from plants within plots, but full implementation of this work is not yet complete.
Over the next year of development expect to see the following improvements.
- Improved and more user friendly user interface
- Improved connectivity to germplasm details and managment
- Expanded marker list management and creation of genotyping templates
- Genotype sample tracking from plots and individual plants.
- Repository and retrieval functionality for low-density SNP data sets (optimized for < 2 million data points)
- API interoperability with GOBII high-density SNP database and associated tools
- Diagnostic markers displayed as presence or absence along side phenotypic data to assist selection
- Comprehensive online documentation in the form of manual and tutorial pages